Farm Fare: Lemon Squares
Nothing says “summertime” like a plate of bright, yellow lemon squares!
This EHF staff favorite is the perfect summertime dessert.
Just gather these simple ingredients:
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 ½ tbs. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Dash of salt
- Additional powdered sugar for decoration
And follow these simple directions:
- Sift flour and powdered sugar into a bowl.
- Blend butter in with a fork until well mixed.
- Pat evenly into the bottom of an 8’x8’ baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350˚F.
- Beat the eggs, granulated sugar, lemon juice, baking powder, and salt together.
- Pour over baked crust and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.
- Cut into squares and sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar as desired.
And voila! East Hill Farm lemon squares in your very own kitchen! We hope they taste just like you remember.
What’s your favorite EHF dessert!