Farm Fare: Pumpkin Pie!
Fall on the Farm means it is time to enjoy some pumpkin pie! We will be serving up lots of pie over the next few months, including for Thanksgiving Dinner.
In this edition of Farm Fare, we share with you our Pumpkin Pie recipe so that you can whip one up at home and enjoy one of the flavors of fall!
Pumpkin Pie Recipe:
Pie Crust Ingredients:
– 1 1/2 cups of flour
– 1/3 cup shortening or butter
– Dash of salt
– 3 tablespoons water
Pie Crust Directions:
– Combine flour, shortening or butter, and salt in a bowl by crumbling together with a pastry blender.
– Slowly add the water as you crumble. Be careful not to over mix.
– Roll dough out to a 12” round and lay in a 9” pie pan, pressing gently to shape the dough into the pan.
Pie Filling Ingredients:
– 2 eggs
– 1 1/3 cups pumpkin
– 1 cup milk
– 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons maple syrup
– Beat eggs and add all remaining ingredients. Mix well.
– Pour into prepared pie crust.
Bake at 425° for about 30 minutes.
Whip up some cream or have your pie a la mode for an extra-special autumn treat! Are you a pumpkin-lover? What is your favorite pumpkin-infused food or beverage?
Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with cream cheese filling and Pumpkin Waffles/Pancakes, YUM!
They all sound delicious!