Farm Fare: Homemade Donuts
Fall at East Hill Farm means crisp morning air, colorful foliage, and crackling fires. It also means guests are greeted on the weekends with donuts – fresh, warm, delicious donuts!
These donuts are super simple to make and because you don’t have to wait for the dough to rise, you will be enjoying this delectable treat in no time.
Enjoy them on during your visit this fall and make a batch or two to savor at home!
East Hill Farm Donuts
Makes 2 dozen donuts
1 C sugar
1 C milk
1T melted margarine
4 C flour
1½ tsp. baking powder
1½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg
cinnamon and sugar mixture
- Cream milk, margarine, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Add eggs and sugar to mixture
- Roll out on a floured surface to ½’’ thick
- Cut with a donut cutter
- Fry in canola oil at 350° for 1 minute on each side
- Roll in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar while they are still warm
What do you look forward to most during your fall stay at East Hill Farm?
love the donuts, but my favorite is the fritters, with maple syrup .