Farm Fare: Fresh Tomato and Basil Pasta with Feta
We’re shaking things up with a few new menu offerings at The Farm this summer. (Not to worry though – guest favorites, such as New England Pot Roast, Maple Walnut Chicken, and Roast Turkey, are absolutely still in rotation!) Guests have already begun enjoying tasty options including Mexican Stuffed Shells, Berry Trifle, and our current featured Farm Fare, Fresh Tomato and Basil Pasta with Feta.
Fresh Tomato and Basil Pasta with Feta Recipe:
– 1 box bow tie pasta
– 1 pint grape tomatoes
– 1/2 cup feta cheese
– 1/4 cup pesto
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– dash of salt
– 2 hard boiled eggs (optional)
– Cook the pasta according to package directions.
– Drain pasta and add all remaining ingredients, grape tomatoes through salt. Stir to combine.
– Serve warm or chilled. Top with sliced hard boiled egg if you would like.
One of the best things about this recipe is its versatility. You can serve this dish warm or as a chilled pasta salad. You can also add or change many of the ingredients, perhaps tossing in some olives or avocado. You could add a protein such as grilled chicken. You could even swap out the bowtie pasta for a different shape or replace the pasta entirely with rice, quinoa, or even spaghetti squash. We hope you will give this Farm Fare a try in your kitchen this summer!
What variations would you enjoy?